Dharani Portal | Land Records | Advantages | Services | Errors & Inconsistencies | New Modules | Working | Documents | Registration | Search Details | How to Apply | Land Valuation Process | View Banned Lands | Land Market Price | Download Distribution Report | Request Submission | Agricultural Land Succession | Forms | SRO | Khata Merger Application | Conclusion
In October 2020, the state government of Telangana introduced the Dharani Portal to make registering properties easier for the state’s residents. The state administration wanted to modernize the entire process to maintain income flow after the COVID-19 outbreak halted property registrations after the lockdown.
The portal aspires to provide a one-stop shop for land mutation, land record search, and other land-related services in addition to property registration. However, at this time, only agricultural land is eligible for the services offered on the land records site.
People are anticipating that the Dharani non-agricultural portal will emerge soon for land and property-related services. The officials have designed the Telangana government’s Dharani project, an online tool for listing non-agricultural properties, as the system for preserving ownership and facilitating commercial transactions of immovable properties in the state.
Why Dharani Portal?
They are developing a method for rapid registration and property modification through the project. It is discretion-less, transparent, and hassle-free. The owner’s identity will be verified using biometrics provided by Aadhaar, according to Telangana Chief Secretary Somesh Kumar.
They have already produced Pattadar passbooks (green) and a digital registry of agricultural holdings. Some suggest making a similar registry for non-agricultural assets, for which they would create new Non-Agriculture Immovable Property Passbooks (NPBs).
The department will print modern security measures on the maroon passbooks. The officials will keep the information provided by property owners in an encrypted format on specific state government computers and utilize it only for Dharani.
In this regard, the department is already gathering the necessary data from property owners using a smartphone app created specifically for this purpose. The state has assigned around 24,400 officers to connect with property owners and collect data. People had registered more than 75.74 lakh properties as of October 17, 2020.
Other Facts on Dharani Portal
The portal has established two new routes for information sharing from property owners in GHMC and other municipalities to support the initiative better. Using the URL www.npb.telangana.gov.in, property owners can access the portal and update their information. They can also register through MeeSeva centers.
It will be free to use the MeeSeva property enlistment service. In this regard, the GHMC/municipality is responsible for paying any service fees due to MeeSeva.
Property owners will need to provide their Aadhaar number (to protect their assets from fraudulent transactions) and mobile number (so they can receive alerts and information about their properties). Additionally, information about any family members they have declared (to protect those family members’ property rights), a photograph of themselves (for printing on the maroon NPB), and the size of the plot or built-up area.
They require the property owner to provide the relevant information voluntarily. However, they would not transfer these owners’ assets to the new system.
For the GHMC and municipalities, both of the stated channels are now open. However, those registered for the property via the mobile app do not need to do so again through the abovementioned channels. The department will publish NRI, OCI, and foreign national property registration guidelines separately.
Integrated Land Records Management System:
To create a proper Integrated Land Information Management System (ILIMS) for the nation, the government launched the Digital India Land Records Modernization Programme (DILRMP).
Advantages of The Dharani Portal
To provide the best service for Telangana citizens regarding online land administration and property registration, the Telangana government launched the Dharani portal, an integrated land records management system.
Residents of Hyderabad and other cities can go on the Dharani portal to instantly obtain their land records without going to a government agency. It offers several advantages, including –
- Providing a repository for all data relating to land records.
- Workflow automation, application integration between several departments’ applications, and use of current cutting-edge technology.
- We provide a centralized platform for managing land records, including textual records upkeep, mapping, settlement activities, and real estate registration.
- Automatic mutation activation after registration is complete or upon request from the public or the relevant government.
- We provide a real-time notification system for stakeholders for land transactional information, such as purchase, sale, mortgage, etc.
- We are utilizing GIS techniques to enable real-time updates of textual data.
Available Services on The Dharani Portal
The integrated land records management system in Telangana, which offers a variety of services to the public, is known as Dharani. English and Telugu speakers can view the Dharani Telangana website. Property owners can also consult the Dharani Portal for land-related data or TS land records.
For the owners of real estate and purchasers of agricultural land in Telangana, the Dharani site Telangana intends to offer a variety of revenue and registration services.
Errors and Inconsistencies in the Dharani Portal
Shravan, a representative for AICC, writes KCR a letter. Dasoju Shravan, a member of the All India Congress Committee (AICC), said that problems with the Dharani portal were still there even a year after it went live.
He noted that it was a more accurate reflection of the right to property, which Article 300-A of the Indian Constitution protects, and Article 17 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
Mr. Shravan sent a letter to Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao pointing out that farmers are forced to rush from one office to another to resolve their land issues.
There seems to be a severe government plot to take expensive assigned properties from low-income individuals who live next to highways, towns, and municipalities and use them for real estate development. For example, they mistakenly put many Patta lands in POB under Section-22A.
For instance, if even one gunta of land in a survey number is classified as government, ceiling, Bhoodan, endowment, or Waqf land, the entire survey number is automatically locked in Dharani.
The total survey number is automatically locked, regardless of whether one Gunta Land is involved in a legal dispute. Because of this, farmers are unable to sell their land to meet emergency demands as well, according to Mr. Shravan’s letter.
The AICC representative stated that there are frequent discrepancies in the amount of land reported in Dharani, with some persons indicated to have less land and others having more.
As a result, those who received more land under Dharani transferred it to others and started legal disputes. After digitization, many survey numbers are missing from the Dharani Portal.
He claimed that the identities of ancient pattadars who had already sold their lands before 2020 are showing up in the portal because of forthcoming mutations. As a result, they are taking unfair advantage and attempting to sell the land again while simultaneously benefiting from Rythu Bandhu, he claimed.
Mr. Shravan added that even after the 10-year lock-in period, lands awarded to veterans and independence fighters are updated as government land and included in POB under Section 22-A.
“The Dharani Portal does not include a method for regularising Sadabainamas, and more than 9 lakh applications are still outstanding. Change the vendor of the Dharani Portal Software to reputable IT firms like NIC, TCS, and Infosys,” he pleaded in the letter to the Chief Minister.
Seven New Modules have been added to Telangana’s Dharani Portal.
The Dharani portal will provide enhanced services to farmers throughout the State, streamlining the upkeep of agricultural land records and the registration of farmlands in the State.
Officials have been instructed to add seven additional modules to the website to enhance and secure the land records due to the recent announcement in the State Assembly. The portal has provided farmers with quality services by keeping land records and supporting easy transactions related to farmland registrations.
In this regard, the State government has established a new standard and continuously updated the system to provide better services by resolving even the most minor challenges farmers face in securing their lands and completing land transactions efficiently.
Legislative Affairs Minister Vemula Prashanth Reddy responded to inquiries from the House during the most recent Assembly Budget session. He responded on behalf of Chief Minister K Chandrashekhar Rao. He said that they would add new modules to Dharani to address issues like missing survey numbers and other concerns by the Cabinet Sub-committee’s recommendations.
The Chief Minister was asked to approve the suggestions given by the Cabinet subcommittee, which Finance Minister T Harish Rao led.
The officials improved the platform to reduce official involvement, fight corruption, and ensure transparency. Farmers may now quickly examine the information about their land and, if necessary, securely download a copy of their patted passbooks to their smartphones.
The government has already given the District Collectors the authority to make decisions regarding the prohibited lands listed on the Dharani portal. This is to make Dharani more farmer-friendly and also to address some difficulties with administrative errors.
Additionally, they have the authority to pursue cases or in respond to personal complaints from farmers. The Chief Minister ordered the concerned officials to arrange seven new modules at the earliest. He notified them on behalf of the recommendations of the Cabinet subcommittee.
As a result, the new modules will enable farmers to fix administrative mistakes such as incorrectly entering names, survey numbers, the size of the land parcel, and other information. Along with other things, the new modules will enable several sellers and buyers to enter. Also, buyers can design their agents through a unique legal representative.
Only a tiny fraction of 1.63 crores of agricultural land are banned areas. Passbooks were provided after they validated the records for a total of 1.52 crore acres owned by 66 lakh farmers. Since its introduction, Dharani has processed over 16.96 billion transactions, generating Rs 2,324.22 billion in revenue as of February 2022.
Workings of Dharani Portal
The Dharani portal currently has two sections: one for agricultural properties and the other for non-agricultural assets such as homes, apartments, plots, and other commercial buildings.
The owner selling the property will choose the section (agricultural or non-agricultural), enter all the relevant data by the records already on file, and upload any supporting documentation. Based on availability, the applicant will choose the time slot.
At all 474 Tehsildar offices and 141 sub-registrar offices throughout the state, high-end computers equipped with scanners, printers, and high-speed broadband internet connections are set up for the registration job.
According to the officials, they will finish registration within 30 minutes. They will verify paperwork, make changes to reflect the division, and transfer the rights immediately.
The procedure in the previous system was very time-consuming. The property would be registered in the new owner’s name by the sub-registrar, and the tehsildar would modify the panchayat or municipal records. The entire procedure was opaque and would take a few weeks or even months.
The owner must submit their Aadhaar card and PAN card and make the registration fee payment online to reserve a slot, which is now required for any registration process. The party may also reschedule the appointment for a later date if they cannot appear in person at the office at the scheduled time.
Within an hour, the registration and mutation will be finished, the department will update the owner’s passbook, and a new passbook will be given to the buyer. In addition, the portal will provide a maroon color passbook to the owners of all non-agricultural properties. But they will still use the green ones for agricultural areas.
According to the government, the “Dharani portal is a true revolution as far as land revenue and administration is concerned,”
What Documents do you need to apply for Telangana’s Dharani Partition?
You need the following documents to submit a partition application.
- Applicant, father/husband information, gender, age, occupation, Aadhar number, and family information are part of the patted.
- Applicant, father/husband information, gender, age, occupation, Aadhar number, and family information are the details of the successor.
- District, Mandal, Village, Khata Number, Survey Number, Available Area, and Property Tax Payment Information
- A joint agreement between the legal heirs and the pattadar is a required document.
How do you Register and log in?
Register yourself on the portal before using any of the services. However, here is a tutorial for signing up and logging into the Dharani portal:
Step 1: On the Dharani portal’s homepage, click the “Sign Up” option on the Dharani portal’s website. In Telangana, new users must adhere to this procedure.
Step 2: To validate and register yourself, you must enter personal information. To confirm the mobile number and register, click “Get OTP.”
Step 3: You must complete your profile by providing all the necessary information.
How do you Search for Details of Registered Documents on Dharani?
On the Dharani website, land buyers can search for registration document data of any agricultural land. Here’s where to look for it:
- Step 1: Visit the Dharani portal and select “Registered Document Details” as your first step.
- Step 2: Mention the district, tahsildar, document number, or year.
- Step 3: Complete the captcha and select “Fetch.” On the screen, you can see the outcomes.
How to Apply for a lease using the Dharani Telangana Portal?
- On the Dharani Telangana portal’s home page, click the “application for lease” link. To continue, click the “click here” link.
- Now enter your password, cellphone number, and captcha code.
- To obtain an OTP, click on it, type this OTP in and press the submit button.
- The application page for renting a space is visible. Fill out the form and press “submit.“
The Online Land Valuation Process
The processes listed below will help you obtain a land assessment through the www.dharani.telangana.gov.in portal:
- Visit the website dharani.telangana.gov.in.
- Enter the captcha code, password, and mobile number to enter the exit.
- The Telangana Dharani portal will show the Dharani Telangana Dashboard page.
- Choose “New Request” from the menu.
- Next, click ‘Land Valuation Certificate.’
- Select the village, Mandal, district, and division and choose Survey No., Pattadar Name, or Khata No.
- Now select “get details.”
- The Khata No will show the list of properties., Survey No., or Pattadar Name.
- select the land
- Next, choose Get Certificate.
- Fill out the application form that appears and proceed to pay the fees.
How to View Banned Lands on the Dharani Telangana portal?
The specifics of the restricted land are available to the public on the dharani, Telangana. Gov. in the website.
- On the home page of the Dharani Telangana portal, click on Prohibited lands.
- Click the “Click here to continue” link to continue.
- Choose the village, Mandal, and district. To display the required details, click “fetch.”
How can I use the Dharani Portal to determine the market price of land in Telangana?
The government now restricts this facility to agricultural land. Follow these steps carefully to determine the land parcels’ market value:
- Go to the Dharani site and select “Agriculture” as your first step.
- The second step is to select “View Market Value of Lands for Stamp Duty.” The website will take you to a different page.
- Select the district, Mandal, village, town, and survey number from the drop-down menu. You need to then click on “Fetch.”
- It will show the market value on the screen.
How to Download a Dharani Land Distribution Report
To download the land distribution report, follow these instructions:
- Go to the Telangana government website. Select the link for the land-sharing report.
- After entering the information as needed, click “Generate.”
- A folder on your computer receives this report after the print.
How do I submit a Request for a change on the Dharani Telangana website?
A user may submit a land mutation application through the Dharani Telangana portal. Follow the steps to apply a mutation on Dharani Telangana.
Step 1: Visit the official website at https://dharani.telangana.gov.in/agricultureHomepage.
Secondly, Select the “Apply for Mutation” option from the left-hand window.
Step 3: The website notifies a user on the next page that this feature is only available for land parcels they purchase using a registered document.
Step 4: The website will present you a window for Citizen Slot Booking. If you have already registered, enter your password, captcha code, and mobile number to log in. Register if you have not already done so as a user.
Step 5: Press the forward arrow to continue. However, It will direct you to a window where you can upload files, enter personal and property information, etc. After submitting the data successfully, you will receive an application ID, which will process your request for a land mutation for additional verification.
How Do I Apply for Agricultural Land Succession?
A person can submit an online application for the succession of agricultural land on the Dharani Telangana portal. Follow the directions above to apply to a farming land succession on Dharani.
- Step 1: Visit Dharani Telangana’s official website at https://dharani.telangana.gov.in.
- Step 2: Click the “Application for Succession including Assigned Land” link on the left side of the page.
- Step 3: The portal will present a window where you must log in using your registered cellphone number and an OTP.
- Step 4: The following step requires that you submit information about the Successor, the property, and payment receipts.
- Step 5: You must upload the death certificate and the Joint Agreement of Legal Heirs in the following steps. In addition to that, click the Submit button once you upload the document.
How can I obtain different forms from the Dharani portal?
- You must first visit Dharani’s official website. Then, on the home page, select the download tab.
- You must now choose the category of forms you want to download. Mortgage, gift, and sales deed
- The accessible forms are the Download 32-A, Release deed, and Lease.
- Click on the form’s link. The form will successfully download to your PC.
What is the Dharani Portal’s sub-registrar Office (SRO) Locator?
To find an SRO on the Dharani portal, follow the steps below:
- Click the “Know Your SRO” option on the webpage to view your SRO.
- Select your town/town, district, and Mandal.
- Click on “See” to view the Jurisdiction SROs.
How do I submit a Khata merger application on TS Dharani?
On the TS Dharani site, users can quickly apply Khata merging. Use the steps above to submit an online application for Khata merging on the TS Dharani portal.
- Step 1: Visit TS Dharani’s official website as the first step.
- Step 2: Select the Application for Khata Merging option from the left-hand menu.
- Step 3: Select “the” To continue, click the Here button.
- Step 4: Enter the password, Captcha code, and registered mobile number.
- Step 5: Press the option labeled “Get OTP.” Enter the OTP once you’ve got it, then enter the rest of the information.
The portal should inform users that they can produce a Katha Merging application in cases where Pattadar has multiple Kathas in the same village. Finally, merging them into a single Katha and a single PPB.
You must submit applications using the TS Dharani site by completing eKYC on MeeSeva. The application travels to the collector. The portal will give a new PPB when they combine khatas after approval.
Conclusion – Dharani Portal
Technology has made it quite simple to view Telangana land records on the Dharani portal. Additionally, you can examine land records on the Telangana (Dharani) ROR-1B & Pahani Records Dharani web app (CCLA).