Choosing a colour scheme for your living room walls can be daunting. There are so many options to choose from! But don’t worry, we’re here to help.
Trying to pick the perfect colour scheme for your home can be daunting, but ensuring that your living space reflects your style and personality is essential.
For many of us, the living room is the most essential in the house. It’s where we entertain guests, relax after a long day, and enjoy family time.
The walls of our living room are one of the first things guests see when they enter our home. That’s why choosing a colour scheme that reflects our style and makes the space feel inviting is essential.
If you’re looking for some inspiration for your living room walls in 2022, check out this article for ten attractive colour schemes that will be popular next year!
1. Pastel pink shade
Consider a pastel pink shade if you’re looking for a living room wall colour that’s both calming and attractive. This hue has just enough colour to add interest to your space without being overwhelming. Plus, it’s versatile enough to work with various design styles.
Pair your pastel pink walls with white trim and furniture to keep your living room fresh and modern. You could also add in some pops of colour with accents and accessories. Try using darker woods and more decadent fabrics for a more classic look.
2. Classic black and white
One of the most popular colour schemes for living room walls is black and white. This classic combo can be used in a variety of ways to create a variety of looks.
For a traditional look, you can use black as your base colour and white as an accent colour. You can also reverse this scheme and use white as your base colour, with black as an accent.
This colour scheme is also very versatile when it comes to wall art. You can find artwork in either or both colours that complement your living room décor.
3. Contrasting green with white
Green is one of the most popular colours for living room walls. It’s a versatile colour that can be used in various ways and help create a more relaxing and inviting space.
One great way to use green is to contrast it with white. This can create a stark and eye-catching look that will make a statement. You can use different shades of green to create other effects, but using a light green against a bright white can make the green pop.
If you want to add more interest to your space, you can also try using a patterned wallpaper or wall decal in green. This can help break up the walls’ solid colour and add visual interest.
4. Retro-style blue
Blue is one of the most popular colours for living room walls, and it’s no wonder why. Blue has a calming effect and can help to create a serene and inviting atmosphere. Blue is an incredibly versatile colour that can be used in various ways.
One way to use blue in your living room is to paint the walls a light blue. This will create a soft and calming effect. You can then add accents in brighter shades of blue to add some visual interest. Another option is to paint the walls a darker blue colour and use lighter shades for the accents. This can help to create a more dramatic look.
You can also use blue vases, lamps, throws, and other accessories to add a pop of colour. You can also find artwork with blue tones that would look great on
5. Perfect Yellow and grey shades
Yellow is a cheerful and warm colour that can brighten up any space. Grey is a versatile neutral that can be used as a backdrop for any type of décor.
Use pale yellow and grey paint on the walls for a warm and inviting space. This will help brighten the room and make it feel more welcoming. For a more modern look, try using a darker shade of yellow or even an eggshell white.
Once you’ve chosen your wall colour, it’s time to start accessorizing!
6. Ravishing splash of red
Red is a bold, passionate colour that can significantly impact any space. If you’re looking to add a little red to your living room walls, there are a few things you should keep in mind.
- First, red is a bold colour, so it’s essential to use it sparingly. A little goes a long way! Try painting one accent wall in red or using red accents throughout the room.
- Second, when choosing a red paint colour, pick one complementary to the other colours in the room. Red goes well with earth tones like brown and green and bold colours like purple and blue.
- Finally, remember that red can be a bit overwhelming, so be sure to balance it with plenty of white or neutral colours. Too much red can be overwhelming and make a space feel small and cramped.
7. Effervescent white
If you’re looking for a colour scheme that’s both fresh and timeless, look no further than effervescent white. This versatile hue can be used in various ways to create different looks in your living room.
Pair effervescent white with other neutrals like grey or taupe for a classic look. You can also use it as a base colour and add pops of brighter colours for a more modern look. Or, for a touch of elegance, try using it with jewel tones like emerald green or ruby red.
No matter how you use it, effervescent white will give your living room walls a fresh and inviting look.
8. Regal Emerald
Emerald green is a rich, deep green that evokes feelings of luxury and sophistication. It’s also a colour that is associated with prosperity and good luck.
Pairing emerald green with other colours can be tricky, but the results can be stunning if done correctly. Try pairing emerald green with white or cream-coloured walls for a classic look.
Try pairing emerald green with black or charcoal grey walls for a more modern look. And for a bolder look, try pairing emerald green with gold or yellow walls.
9. Offbeat Purple
Many people associate the colour purple with royalty and luxury. If you want to give your living room an air of sophistication, consider painting the walls a deep, rich purple.
For a more dramatic look, you could paint one accent wall in purple and the other walls a lighter shade. Or, you could paint all four walls in shades of purple, from light to dark.
If you want to add a pop of colour, consider painting the trim or moulding in white or gold. You could also paint the ceiling light purple for a softer look.
10. Brown and white lounge area
Brown and white are among the most popular and timeless combinations. This colour scheme can work well in any type of living room, whether traditional or contemporary. It also has the advantage of creating a warm and inviting atmosphere.
If you want to use this colour scheme in your living room, there are a few things to remember.
- First, you should consider the size of your living room. If it is on the smaller side, you may want to use lighter shades of brown and white.
- You should also think about the furniture in your living room. If you have dark-coloured furniture, you may want to use lighter shades of brown and white to balance it out. On the other hand, if you have light-coloured furniture, you can use darker shades of brown and white.
- Finally, you should also consider the overall style of your home when choosing a colour scheme for your living room. If your home is more traditional, you may want to stick with classic colours like brown and white.
Stylish Living Room Colour Schemes
Many stylish colour schemes can be used for living room walls.
- One popular option is to paint the walls light and use darker colours for accent pieces. This can create a modern and stylish look.
- Another popular option is to use two different colours for the walls. This can add visual interest to the room and make it feel more spacious.
- A single colour for the walls is a good option for a more traditional look. This can create a calming and relaxing atmosphere.
Whatever colour scheme you choose, make sure it complements the rest of the room. The furniture, flooring, and another décor should all work together to create a cohesive look.
Keep these colour combinations handy for your living rooms. And be sure to experiment! The sky is the limit! Above are some living room colour combinations that will work beautifully for your home. Keeping them in mind will help you choose the right one for your home.