Bhu Naksha stands for land maps. Most of the states in their bid to offer the digitization process, have started offering online methods to access land records and related details. The Bhu Naksha Maharashtra as the name implies refers to the portal that allows you to digitally extract the land records for the state of Maharashtra.
There are several features and functions offered by the portal and of course endless advantages to it as well. Different property documents that hold a great deal of importance can now be accessed easily online. So, let us dive deeper into the details and see what this portal is all about.
What Is Maha Bhu Naksha Maharashtra?
The Maha Bhu Naksha Maharashtra is a web application that was made with the key motive of helping the Maharashtrian citizens check and retrieve the plot details with ease. This portal is a cadastral mapping software which helps in digitizing the land records and thereby making India smart.
Without the presence of a sound digital system, there was a lot of fraud that was carried out. When purchasing land, a buyer had no means to know if the land had a lot of liabilities beforehand or if it was clear of dues.
With this portal, one can access the complete land records.
One can access the site on their desktop or mobile based on whatever they deem fit. The maps are updated at periodic intervals to make sure that the land details are duly and accurately represented.
What Areas Does The Portal Cover?
While this web portal has been designed strictly for the state of Maharashtra, let us give you the details of the districts that fall under this application.
- Mumbai City
- Mumbai Suburban
The Features Of Maha Bhu Naksha Maharashtra
This is a great application that has helped significantly as far as digitizing the land records is concerned. The portal has been built using the best of modern technology and the team that handles the site makes it a point to update it at periodic intervals. Here are some of the key features that the portal has to offer.
- It boasts of a centralized and distributed architecture
- It offers vector printing of maps
- It allows you to divide multiple plots in a single operation
- It works on both Linux and Windows OS
- It is an independent portal and can be used on both desktop and mobile
- It helps you to create dividing lines on a map. You can make use of background images and grids to draw dividing lines
- It was developed using free and open-source software
- It boasts of the excellent architecture that helps it integrate the land records of the respective states
- You can both print and download the village and plot maps at any scale that you desire
- You can divide a single mutation into several subdivisions
- You can also maintain the partition history and the complete audit trail in this software
- You can access complete property and land details from the confines of your home
The Benefits Of The Maha Bhu Naksha Maharashtra
Here are some of the benefits that this portal has to offer. Apart from making sure that a lot of fraud and manual delays were weeded off, the existence of this portal has multiple benefits to offer.
- It has made the whole task simpler. Accessing land records and property details is easier than ever and can be done with the help of a few clicks. It has helped people save a lot of time or else they needed to go to government offices and spend almost the whole day there looking for the right records.
- It has immensely benefitted the home buyers as they can procure the complete details of the land before buying it. One can be sure that the land isn’t illegal or part of the dispute. So, being sure of these details help the buyers in being sure that they are not investing in a disputed or a mortgaged property.
- Along with this, one can also fact-check and verify how genuine a land is. The portal also gives details like the name of the owner and his address. So, one can be doubly sure of the plot details
- Clear details of the size of the plot and the boundaries are mentioned in the Bhu portal. This helps the investors in being sure that they are getting the right land amount
- The portal also offers ROR. It is the Record of Rights document. This is a vital document that contains almost all the important statistics with regards to the land including the cess record, owner details, tenant details, outstanding liabilities and more. Having this document will offer an in-depth record of the land.
What To Do When Maha Bhu Naksha Is Not Available Online?
If suppose you are looking for a certain survey map and it is not yet available on the portal, it usually means that the authorities are working on it. They are still to make the details online.
You can still choose to extract the records in an offline manner. Alternately, you can also choose to write to firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for other alternatives that you can resort to.
The Mobile App
It is very important to add that there is no official app for the Bhu Naksha Maharashtra portal. This portal was made to ensure people can digitally access the land records. There is a web application that can be accessed on mobile, but no app has been made by the government. You will find several third-party apps in the app store, but one of them is affiliated with the government. You can use them but do it at your own risk.
Most states have their own site like Bhu Naksha Andhra Pradesh, Bhu Naksha Maharashtra, and so on.
Using The Bhu Naksha Portal
Let us see some of the different features of the portal and the steps you need to follow for the sake of using these functions.
How To See The Land Records?
Here are the simple steps you need to follow for checking the land records in this portal.
- Head to the official site by clicking here
- Now, you need to select the state followed by the category of land you want to view the details of. The options are either rural or urban.
- The next step is to offer even more details like the district, taluka, village, map type and even the street number
- Once you have entered the details, the land record will be displayed on the screen.
Steps To Get The Plot Map
If you want to get the plot map, here are the series of steps you need to follow.
- Head to the official site of Bhu Naksha Maharashtra by clicking here
- Enter the details on the left-hand side including the state, category, district, taluka, and village.
- Now click on Geo-Referenced map
- If you want to download the plot report, simply click on the option that says ‘Map Report’
- You can also save it in the PDF format
Extracting Details With The Plot Number
You can use the plot number for the sake of checking the different land records. Here are the simple steps you need to follow.
- Head to the official website of Bhu Naksha Maharashtra by clicking here
- On the home page, you have an option that reads ‘Search by Plot Number. You can choose that option and enter the plot number whose details you want to look
- Hit on the search button
- The Bhu Naksha will be displayed on your screen
- To get the complete plot report, click on the button that says ‘Map Report’.
- Along with the plot report, you will also be able to get the property card which will have full details of the plot like the locality, the owner’s name, Khata number, the survey number, and the Pot Kharaba.
Reach via email at: email@example.com
Also, you can reach the state coordinator directly at this address
Datar SP, TD, NIC, Office of SC & DLR, Pune
Who can use Maha Bhu Naksha Maharashtra?
Any citizen of India can use this tool for the sake of checking out the land records in Maharashtra. Ideally, it is meant for the citizens of the state or anyone else looking to buy land in the area.
Is there any charge for using the Maha Bhu Naksha Maharashtra portal?
No, the use of this portal is free of cost
Does Bhu Naksha Maharashtra have an official app?
No, there is no official app at present. The website can be accessed on both computers and mobile. There are several third-party apps available but none of them has been authorized by the government
Can you print the map reports?
Yes, the map (plot) reports can be both downloaded and printed from the portal.
Are the Bhu Naksha Maharashtra details regularly updated?
There is a dedicated team in place that makes it a point to periodically update the records. This is important to ensure that the land records are accurate.
Are the land details accurate?
Yes, all land details present in the Bhu Naksha Maharashtra portal are accurate. You can rely on the information and come to the right buying decision.
Can I also find maps of other sites in this application?
No, you can only find land maps of the districts that this portal covers. This application will allow you to get maps of all lands that are a part of the Maharashtra state.
What if I notice a land that is not present in the Maha Bhu Naksha Maharashtra portal?
Make sure to immediately reach out to the team and notify them about it. The team will check at their end and add the details to their database at the earliest.