Lifespan of POP | POP Designs | Chandelier | Stylish Zig Zag | Plus Minus | Brick Wall | Stucco Work | Minimalistic | Traditional | Accent Wall | Abstract Style | Coloured Ceiling | False Ceiling | Circular False Ceiling | Down Ceilings | Benefits | Drawbacks | Installation | Selection Criteria | Conclusion
A home is a base (where everything begins) and a place where we can feel infinite peace after a humdrum day, which is why it is imperative to keep them in a pristine condition.
Everyone enjoys the prospect of adorning their homes, especially our bedrooms, regardless of the effort and cost invested in it.
There are untold features that we add to our bedroom to give it a dazzling appearance, such as
- Décor items
- And the most crucial one, i.e. POP (Plaster Of Paris).
POP (a dehydrated form of gypsum) mimics white cement by being dampened before application. In terms of application, this chemical substance is primarily used to design false ceilings and other decorative finishes.
But before we move on to different exquisite POP designs for bedrooms that will add aesthetic beauty and breathtaking charm to your space, let’s see how long the POPs can last.
Would you also like to see the top modern POP designs for the porch?
What Is The Lifespan Of A POP Design?
A POP design for a bedroom can last between 15-20 years if
- There are no external damages &
- The materials used are of high quality.
However, if you are seeking to prolong the lifespan of your designs even more, then you can’t miss these tips that will help you achieve that goal:
- Protect the POP design from water exposure.
- Clean the thick layer of dust on the wall’s surface or the ceiling with the help of a duster or a long-handled brush.
- If the POP design has an oil-based paint finish, use dampened cloth for wiping.
Most-Opted POP Designs For Bedroom
1. Chandelier On Ceiling POP Design For Bedroom
- If you are not a big fan of considering your entire bedroom ceiling as a canvas, you must try this chef-d’oeuvre.
- The detail of the design can be as extensive and comprehensive as you desire. All you need to do is finalise a design from the vast collection over the internet or ask your decorator to suggest the pattern according to the space.
2. Stylish Zig Zag POP Design For Bedrooms Ceilings
- This design is perfect for those who want to add an aesthetic appeal to their ceilings by dispensing the basics.
- This stylish POP design makes the room more visually appealing and serves as a statement piece (that stands out from the rest of the décor).
- This POP design also tends to bear heavy weights on the upper floors, dividing the pressure into large beams.
3. Plus/Minus POP Design For Bedrooms
- The plus-minus POP is one of the most popular designs (false ceiling) for a bedroom, which comes in a wide range of styles & designs; however, this design is found chiefly in boxy shapes.
- This POP design strike a balance between two spaces (i.e. negative and positive space) and can be used to curate multiple aesthetical ceiling options for your bedrooms.
4. An Eye-Catching Brick Wall POP
- Plaster of Paris is one of the best choices you can make to give an eye-catching design to your traditional brick wall for (both commercial and residential spaces).
- Furthermore, it adds a rustic and vintage look and can be an affordable option for the vintage feel.
5. Stucco Work POP Design
- Stucco designs are feature designs for those places made of plaster, cement, or sand. And plaster of Paris brings these designs to life for an authentic retro look.
- These multi-functional designs can be used to adore ceiling and wall art.
6. Minimalistic POP Design For Bedrooms Ceiling
- See the example above if you are looking for minimalistic POP bedroom design ideas. The ceiling is kept minimalist with the addition of a five-blade fan.
- This false ceiling design has a subtle POP effect complemented by its small circular lights, making the whole ceiling a pleasing sight.
7. Traditional POP Design For Bedrooms
- Do not underestimate the uses of POP; yes, you read that right. Although most of its designs are inspired by Victoria, it’s still easy to experiment with its graphics since the 21st century has ushered in a new era.
8. Modernized Accent Wall For Bedroom
- Plaster Of Paris is one of the most magnificent materials for designing/creating contemporary accent walls for master bedrooms or living rooms. The mixture can adjust well to any mould and deliver aesthetic designs that will enhance the overall look of your living space.
9. A POP Design In Abstract Style
One of the most attractive perks of using POP (as a design element) is that it allows you to encompass your tastes in the whole design process for any section of your property.
For instance, look at this abstract masterpiece made from Plaster Of Paris.
Apart from adding a Victorian (era) touch to the space, such abstract design is also an excellent choice when you plan to design (POP) a bedroom with a fan.
10. Coloured Ceiling POP Design For Bedroom
- Not every POP wall/ceiling has to be white! You can always switch it up with a different palette of colours.
- Here is an example of how the combination of black and neon lights creates a sense of stateliness and elegance in the bedroom.
11. POP False Ceiling Design With Lights
- A false ceiling is an excellent option (for investment) if you want to give a quick makeover to your bedroom, and it also provides ample space for lighting to add ambience & modern look to your room.
12. Circular POP False Ceiling Design
- Transform your master bedroom with Circular POP False Ceiling Design. This Circular False Ceiling POP design for bedrooms not only allows you to lower the height of your ceiling deliberately but also saves you a considerable amount of money on other designs and materials.
13. Down Ceilings POP Design
- Down Ceilings POP Design would be an excellent choice for those searching for a royal, luxurious and elegant look for their master bedroom.
Listed below are a few key benefits that prove its usefulness:
- POP for ceilings has a high level of durability.
- POP ceilings won’t show signs of deterioration over time.
- Ceilings made from POP are weather-resistant.
- In comparison to gypsum board, POP offers more affordability.
- Ceilings made of POP require little maintenance.
- False ceilings can be customised much more quickly with POP.
- False ceilings made of POP are also thermally efficient.
- False ceilings made of POP provide the facility of being detachable as well.
After looking at the perks of POP, let’s look at its pitfalls:
- Humid environments might make POP designs (on ceilings and walls) unsuitable.
- Cement and POP cannot be mixed.
- Keeping POP design up to date can take a lot of work.
- Decorative lights or heavy portraits can damage POP ceilings.
- The cost of POP is higher than that of cement or cement lime plaster.
- There is a high cost associated with the application of Plaster Of Paris.
When installing POP false ceilings, make sure you take these precautions:
- To prevent crack issues during installation, use POP from reputable brands.
- Ensure that the application area (where POP is applied) is not susceptible to leakage, and make sure it is clean.
- False ceilings should have a thickness of at least 10-12 mm, as a lesser thickness could cause detrimental damage.
- Please make sure that your POP is completely dry before you begin to apply it.
- Ensure the electrical wires are enclosed in a pipe to prevent accidental fires.
If you’re looking for suitable POP ceilings for your bedroom, here’s how you can do it:
Keep your bedroom as a cosy retreat. Stay moderate when it comes to false ceiling designs made from POP. Consider a minimalistic POP design for your bedroom that is pleasing to the eye.
Whenever you’re planning a false ceiling design for your bedroom, you must consider a few factors, such as
- Height of the room
- Bedroom furniture &
- The placement of your bed
If you are a person who is obsessed with lights, then you need to spend much attention to the arrangement of the lights in the POP design to make it effective.
Lastly, if you are a Vastu Shastra practitioner, you should avoid using dark colours (in your POP design) as they bring a streak of bad luck and disruption in sleeping patterns.
When designing your bedroom, one of the most innovative choices you can make is to use POP for your design. It’s classy, versatile, and unique – making it an economical choice. Whether you’re going for a traditional or modern pop design, it can be customised according to your needs. So why not give it a try? You might fall in love with your POP Ceilings?