Data on rural development planning and preservation were the driving forces behind the creation of the eGramSwaraj platform.
The Ministry of Panchayati Raj designed the eGram Swaraj website to improve Panchayati Raj Institutions’ usage of information and communication technologies (ICTs) (PRIs). On April 24, National Panchayati Raj Day, the eGram Swaraj website, and the eGram Swaraj app were launched to the general public.
Work-based budgeting and decentralised planning are two ways the eGram Swaraj site promises to enhance government efficiency. To mark the end of digitization in India, this site will help improve e-governance in all of the country’s PRIs and support e-government.
The eGram Swaraj portal is a uniform user interface that keeps track of panchayats and provides work records from the planning stage to implementation. In the Gram Panchayat Development Plan, each village panchayat’s accomplishments are documented (GPDP). Anyone with a computer and an internet connection may use this site to learn about how the panchayat is funded, what projects it is working on, and how it operates.
The eGram Swaraj Web Portal – Functionality And Features
- A significant milestone in India’s effort to digitally transform rural areas is being reached with the introduction of the eGram Swaraj website.
- In addition to its official website, it is also available as an app for smartphones and tablets.
- Everyone around the globe can stay up to speed on the growth of any Indian hamlet.
- The actions of the Ministry of Panchayati Raj may be found out by those interested.
- The eGram Swaraj app acts as a centralised database for all of the nation’s panchayats, storing information on each one.
Using The Egrama Swaraj Portal – Advantages.
eGram Swaraj’s site has many benefits, including the following:
- Development activities are decentralised, and progress reports may be updated as a consequence, ensuring transparency.
- Rural projects may be completed more quickly with the help of this technology.
- Understanding what funds have been allocated and how much work is taking place.
- Public oversight of the Ministry of Panchayati Raj activities is permitted.
- It gathers all relevant information about a Gram Panchayat, including its Panch, Sarpanch, Panchayat’s information, property records, Mission Antyodaya, and Panchayat Development Plan, among other things, in one handy spot.
As a result, the quantity of information that users must submit is significantly reduced.
- Daily and progress reports may be accessed and utilised to assess how much more funds should be allocated to the Gram Panchayats for development purposes.
- It will also be possible to access all of the funding for development via the eGram Swaraj website.
Portal of eGrama Swaraj
EGram Swaraj has all the details of panchayats, reporting, and accounts accessible to the general public on its website. This webpage was created to distribute information about current initiatives to enhance rural communities.
To access information on panchayats and development projects on the website, the following procedures must be followed:
- On the “Panchayat Profile” page, scroll down and click on the “Profile created” or “Elected Representatives” option to read the panchayat’s profile or the elected representatives’ details.
- Choose a state, a district panchayat, and a Gram Panchayat from the drop-down menu.
- For each state, go to the “Planning and Reporting” page
- Click on the options marked “Authorized ZP Plan”, “Approved Block Panchayat Plan”, or “Approved Gram Panchayat Plan’ to see how many of these plans have been approved.
- You can access the accounting statistics, the receipt and expense analysis report for the fourteenth finance commission, the invoice and expense analysis report for the fifteenth finance commission, and the yearbook closed report (2021-2022) by clicking on the ‘GP & Equv.’, “FFC’, and “XVFC” options on the “Accounting” tab of the website.
- Access the list of “Registered Auditors,” “Registered Auditors,” “Registered Auditors,” and “Audit Plan, Observation Recording, and Audit Report Generation” by choosing the relevant settings from the Audit page.
Additionally, each state’s economic improvement may be seen in real-time. Among other things, this report contains the name of the state, the total number of vouchers booked, and the value of the vouchers (receipts and payments).
EGrama Swaraj Portal Registration Procedure
Anyone may see the approved panchayat plans and information on the panchayat’s financial achievements even if they haven’t signed up for an account.
The Panchayat Raj Institutions (PRIs) will log on to the portal and input the data. There is no guarantee that the state agency will accept the PRI’s request to create a login ID.
The following is a breakdown of the stages required to register for the PRI:
- Log in to eGram Swaraj.
- Click the save button to store the PRI for the onboarding process.
- An official state agency will provide you with the username and password for the site.
- The PRI can create its own DSC and commence transactions on the portal in either the maker or checker roles.
- Digital Signature Certificates (DSCs) linked with each PRI producer and checker must be registered on the government-mandated eGram Swaraj site.
- The DSCs must be approved by the closest higher authority, such as a state agency, a district agency, or a block agency.
- To create the panchayat’s bank account, the district administrator must assign a maker to map the district’s newly created bank branch,
- Add or alter the beginning amount for mapped schemes, and add beneficiaries so that payments may be made to them through the web portal. DSC administration is handled by the checker user role on the portal.
eGram Swaraj Users – Registration Process
- Please go to the eGram Swaraj website.
- Simply go to the homepage and choose the “Login” option on the upper right-hand side of the page.
- Please provide the following information: username, passcode, and captcha code.
- To log in, use the “Login” option.
eGram Swaraj – Application Process
The eGram Swaraj smartphone application updates the status of various tasks that PRIs are carrying out. The ‘eGramSwaraj’ mobile app may be obtained from the Google Play Store and installed on any Android-powered smartphone.
The steps listed below should be followed to observe the activity of the PRIs on the eGramSwaraj mobile app:
- Google Play makes available an app called eGramSwaraj.
- Launch the application, choose “State,” “Zilla Parishad,” “Taluk Panchayat,” and “Gram Panchayat” from the drop-down menus.
- Click the “Submit” button.
- To access the specific information about the gram panchayat, choose the “Financial year” from the drop-down menu
- Click on either “ER Details,” “Approved Activities,” or “Financial Progress.”