Living Room | Bedroom | Puja Room | Kitchen | FAQ
When you are following the Vastu norms, it is very important to be specific and follow all the guidelines meticulously. This is why here we are going to discuss the room size as per Vastu.
Vastu has guidelines even for those who want to know the appropriate room size as per the Vastu norms. The size of the room will always play a very significant role in deciding the right way your house energy directions are aligned. Along with the size, you also need to keep an eye on the décor aspects too.
You can check out the different Vastu-approved décor stuff and the main door colours that has been approved by Vastu norms as well. However, along with this, you also need to make sure that you weigh the size of the room as well. When you do so, it will allow you to ensure that every room will be made as per the Vastu norms.
So, let us check out the different details of each of the rooms. With this knowledge, you will be able to make your homes well-designed and perfect in every sense of the word.
The Living Room Size And Direction
The living room is one of the well-noted spaces of your house. It is important to make sure that you are paying heed to how you design the room. Have the right kind of décor elements in the room and also ensure that your place is well-lit. The last thing you want is for your living room to look dull.
Here are the salient points you need to bear in mind.
- The ideal area of the living room should be 170 square feet or 16 square metres. Of course, it depends largely on the overall size of your home. However, Vastu assigns this size to the living room for optimum results.
- Every window present in the living room needs to be either north or east-facing. This is likely to trigger positive movement
- The window space needs to be larger than 10 percent of the total floor area. This helps in proper ventilation and adequate light.
- The best direction for making the living room has to be the northeast. It helps in improved health and prosperity.
Your bedroom is the place where you unwind after a long day at work. This is why the room should be inviting, well decorated, and peaceful. In order for this to happen, you need to be mindful of the Vastu elements. Here are some of the salient points you need to be mindful of when you are designing bedrooms.
- The bedroom size should ideally be 130 square feet or 12 square meters
- The northeast or the south is the right direction for making the bedroom. This will also ensure that your room will get the right sunlight in the morning. Always remember to steer away from the northwest direction when making the bedroom.
- When sleeping in your room, make sure that your head doesn’t end up facing the north. This can also lead to sleeping disorders.
Most people tend to have dedicated puja rooms in their homes. This is important as it ensures that peace and harmony can prevail in your place. You should make sure that your room has the right ambience when you are offering your prayers. This is why we will ask you to choose the right Vastu norms.
Let us look at some of the salient points.
- There are no definite size limits for the puja room. But one thing you need to bear in mind is that the staircase should not be made into a puja room.
- The preferred mandir directions are the north, east, and the north-east
- Also, ensure that the puja room shouldn’t have a common wall with the bathroom
- When you are offering your prayers, make sure to face either the east or the north
- You should prefer the ground floor for making the puja room if you stay in a multi-storeyed house
The kitchen is another corner of the home where you have to be sure that you are following the right norms. Vastu has several guidelines listed and we are going to share some of the salient points here.
- The minimum size for the kitchen is 85 square feet or 8 square metre
- The right direction for the kitchen space is the southeast. This is known as the Agni corner and having the kitchen at this side will bring you good health and prosperity.
- An alternate choice is the northwest and this too is considered to be a good and prosperous option.
Summing It Up
Summing it up, we will just like to say that every room of your home deserves undivided attention and you should make it a point to pay heed to it. Following the right Vastu guidelines is sure to bring you a good energy flow in your home.
Try to stick to the above points and this in turn will allow you to decorate your home in a befitting manner.
Do you need to follow the room size Vastu guidelines too?
We do understand that it is not always feasible to follow the sizing norms for rooms. However. Vastu has listed some basic guidelines. By choosing to follow it you are likely to be able to get the best results.
Are both size and direction important as per Vastu?
Vastu has a governing role to play when you are working on the design and size of your home. You should make it a point to follow as many Vastu rules as you possibly can. Make it a point to follow both the size and the direction rules when designing a home.
In case you are not able to follow it, you should check out the top Vastu remedies to clear the different defects.