RTPS Bihar Details | Certificates Issued | Service List | How To Register | How To Login | Applying For Certificates | Documentation | Download The Certificate | Print Receipt | Application Status Check | Apply For Revenue Services | Access MIR | Instant Certificate Verification | Getting A Web Copy | Contact Info | FAQ
The RTPS online Bihar portal is very versatile and serves a plethora of benefits. It helps the citizens of the state to apply for a lot of different certificates. Apart from this, one will also be able to gauge the exact application status. Here, we will elaborate on all the other details of the RTPS Bihar online portal, the steps to use the different services, and more.
All About RTPS Bihar Online Portal
It was in 2011 that the Bihar Right To Public Services Act was announced. It was then that it was decided to deliver notified public services to the citizens. There were different documents they could apply for like residential certificates, income, and even caste. Along with this, tons of e-services were launched too. Thanks to this portal, one doesn’t need to visit the government offices at all and they can get the work done in an online manner no matter where in Bihar they may be.
The citizens may need several documents like the certificate for income, certificate for caste, residential certificate and more for the sake of availing themselves of the different government facilities and even government and state scholarships as well. With the online portal, people can easily get all these certificates from the comfort of their homes without the need to head to the physical office. With the help of this portal, one will be able to enjoy a higher level of transparency as all public utility services will be transferred without any delay.
RTPS Bihar is an online site that allows citizens to access different services directly online. One will be able to get several important documents from the confines of their home. Most of these documents are compulsory for the sake of applying to different government schemes, and jobs, and even for admissions to schools and colleges as well.
Let us give you the details of some of these certificates.
What is an income certificate?
The income certificate is issued by the state government. These serve as proof of the net income of a person from all the different sources. In the different states of India, different bodies have been appointed for issuing income certificates. In rural areas, it is the district magistrate or the revenue department that issues the certificate of income.
What is the caste certificate?
A caste certificate is a document that is issued by the government of India. All people even the ones who belong to scheduled caste and scheduled tribe and even other backward classes will be able to get this certificate. A lot of jobs and even educational institutes offer a concession to the people from the backward caste. They also have several monetary concessions too and to avail of it, one will need to show the caste certificate. This can be obtained via RTPS Bihar.
What is the residence certificate?
This certificate serves as proof of permanent residency of a person in Bihar. If you want to apply for a government job or even when you are seeking a water and an electricity connection, you will need to show your residence certificate.
When you are using the RTPS Bihar portal, you will be able to avail the online services spread across the following categories.
- The social security scheme by the social welfare department
- The revenue and land reforms department
- The general administration department
- The labour resource department
- The food and consumer protection department
- The planning and development department
Listed below are the details of the certificates that you can apply for using this portal.
- The residential certificate
- The income certificate
- The caste certificate
- The duplicate residential certificate
- The duplicate income certificate
- The duplicate caste certificate
So, if you want to avail any of the above services, feel free to use this portal for accessing the details. Make sure to follow the steps and you will be able to grab the right details and will be able to procure these certificates easily.
How to register on the RTPS Bihar portal?
You have the option to self-register yourself on the portal.
- Head to the official site and then click on the self-registration option
- A new dialogue box will appear where the registration form will be present
- Make sure to enter all the particulars in it along with the captcha
- Now click on Submit and you are done
How to log in to the portal?
- Head to the official website and then click on the login button that is present in the top right corner of the home page
- A page will pop up with the precautions duly written there
- Click on the option that reads proceed to login
- Enter the login credentials along with the captcha
- Now click on the login button to sign in to the portal
RTPS Bihar: How to apply online for the different certificates?
If you want to get any of the certificates, be it residential, caste, or even income, here are the series of steps that you need to follow.
- Head to the official RTPS Bihar portal to avail the e-services
- Now click on the ‘Apply online’ option and then choose the ‘General Administration Department’ which will be present under the RTPS services.
- You will find several options under it. Choose the certificate you want and then select the level- block, sub-divisional, district.
- Now a new page will come where the application form will be displayed
- Make sure to fill in all the particulars in the form
- Upload the necessary documents and then click on submit to complete the process of filing the application form
Here is the list of the documents that you need for the sake of applying for different certificates. Make sure to have them handy.
The caste certificate
- ID proof which can be a Voter card, Aadhaar card, PAN Card or even the passport
- The copy of the ration card
- The address proof can be the rent agreement form, the rent slip, the residence proof certificate and even the Aadhar card
The Residence Certificate
- Id proof like Aadhar card
- Voter ID card
- PAN Card
- Ration card
The Income Certificate
- Address proof
- Income statement which could be the salary slip
- The age proof which can be the birth certificate or the class X marks sheet
- The ration card
So, make sure you have the respective documents ready when you are looking to procure any of the above certificates. It is mandatory to upload the documents before your application will be deemed complete.
How to download the online certificate?
If you want to download the online certificate, here are the details you need to follow.
- Head to the official website for the RTPS Bihar portal
- Now click on the option that says Download Certificate
- A new page will come up and in the drop-down menu, choose RTPS or Other services
- Now enter the application reference number along with the name of the applicant
- Click on ‘Download Certificate’ now
You can choose to take the digital copy via several different means as listed below
- The download link of the RTPS Bihar portal
- The link in the email
- The download link via SMS
- The service plus inbox
- The digital locker
- The community service centre
Before such an online facility was offered, people needed to visit the respective block present in the area and then head to the concerned department. In comparison, this was more of a time-consuming process as one needed to wait in long queues. Online method surely has offered the right respite for people.
RTPS Bihar: How To Print The Receipt?
- If you want to print the receipt, you need to head to the official portal and then choose the option ‘Print your receipt’.
- On the page that pops up, you will need to fill in the details of the application ID.
- Once you have done that, click on search and then the receipt will be displayed on your screen.
- You can choose to copy it or save it for future reference.
How To Check The Application Status Online?
- Head to the RTPS Bihar portal and then hover on the Citizen Section
- Under it, you will find an option called Track Application Status. Choose that.
- Now a new page will pop up where they will ask you the option through which you want to search- through the application reference number or OTP or the application details
- Based on the option you choose, fill in the right particulars and then click Submit
- The status of your application will then be visible on the screen
If you don’t have the online option, you can also choose to avail of it with the help of the SMS facility as well. The portal is well aware of the fact that not everyone can access the portals at the drop of a hat. This is why wherever it is feasible, they have offered the offline or phone-based option too for the sake of accessing the services.
So, all you need to do is send an SMS to 56060 with the word RTPS. You will get the details of the application status of your certificates.
How To Apply Online For Revenue Services And Land Reforms Department In RTPS Bihar Portal?
Even this service can be accessed using the RTPS Bihar portal. Let us see the steps you need to follow.
- Head to the official website and then select the option online application
- Now click on the option that says external services and then choose the relevant section from the department of revenue and land reforms
- When you have done so, an application form will open and then you will need to fill in the right particulars
- Click on the submit button and your work will be done
RTPS Bihar: View The Management Information Report
- Head to the official website
- From the list of RTPS services, choose the option that reads management information report
- A new page will pop up on the screen
- Enter the details of the user id and password and then fill in the captcha code as well
- Now click on submit
- The management information report will then be displayed on the screen for you
How To Get The Instant Certificate Verification
- Head to the RTPS Bihar official website
- Click on verify Tatkal Certificate link
- A new page will come asking you for your application id
- Enter the right details and then click on status
- The certificate will then be instantly displayed on the screen
Steps To View The Web Copy Of The Certificates
If you want to have a web-based copy of the certificates, here are the steps you need to follow.
- Check out the official website and then click on the option that reads entitlement and RTPS online
- Now click on certificate web copy
- A new page will come up that will ask you to fill out the application ID
- Make sure to enter the right details and click on show
- This will give you the web copy of the certificate instantly
So, these are some of the different services that you can choose to avail when you are using this portal. There is absolutely no doubt about the fact that having a dedicated online site makes everything a whole lot easier. It has allowed people to access so many services right from the confines of their homes.
Ever since the pandemic hit the country and made it hard for people to go out and maintain queues, especially the elderly, it is the presence of such sites that made things easier and simpler for everyone. It is a great initiative by the Bihar government and something that has helped all the citizens of the state.
Further, extra effort has been made to ensure that the portal is easy to navigate. This is important to make sure that even those who are not very educated and have basic computer knowledge should be able to access the site and get the work done.
If you want to get in touch with the help desk or have a query that you want to get an answer to, simply write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mostly the support team is responsive and you should find someone getting in touch with you shortly.
What does RTPS stand for?
RTPS stands for Right To Public Services. Just like the name implies, this portal was made to bring better transparency and to allow people to have access to the different services in an easy and simplified manner.
What is the RTPS service in Bihar?
With the help of this online dedicated portal, one will be able to access the different public services easily in an online manner. The users of the site can apply for a lot of different certificates like caste, residence, income and more.
The whole process can be done seamlessly in an online manner and one doesn’t need to visit the physical offices anymore. You can take a printout of the certificate or the digital web copy based on your preferences and needs.
Can you check the status of the application?
Yes, the RTPS Bihar portal allows you to save, submit, preview and even check the application status with remarkable ease. The steps are very easy to follow and can be executed by anyone with little knowledge of the computer.
Is the RTPS Bihar site available in Hindi as well?
Yes, you can access this site in Hindi too and therefore it caters to a wider audience.