Most people are aware of the basic idea that the direction of a person’s toilet seat should be towards the door. But what about other directions?
If you want to improve your overall home décor and organization, it is important to pay attention to the principles of Vastu. One such principle is the direction of the toilet seat – is it facing east or west?
There are many different theories and beliefs surrounding toilet seat direction, as per Vastu. Some believe that it is essential to have the toilet seat facing in a particular direction, per Vastu, to improve general health. In contrast, others believe it has nothing to do with Vastu and is simply a personal preference.
Are you looking to improve your home’s Vastu for specific areas? If so, then you’re in luck! In this article, we’ll be discussing the correct toilet seat direction as per Vastu.
Bathroom Toilet Seat Direction As Per Vastu
When it comes to arranging the layout of your bathroom, there is one thing you need to consider: the toilet seat direction. This is especially important if you have a bathroom that faces east or west.
The reason toilet seats should be arranged this way is that it corresponds with the flow of energy in the world. According to many ancient texts, it is believed that the east and west are two different directions of the universe. And as such, it is logical to assume that their energies are also quite different.
Thus, by arranging your toilet seats in this direction, you ensure that all family members will have a comfortable time using the bathroom. Not only will they be able to use the facilities easily, but they will also be able to avoid any potential conflicts or tensions that could arise from using a shared bathroom.
Toilet seat direction
According to Vastu, the correct toilet seat direction is determined by the facing of the building where the bathroom is located. If the building faces east or south, the toilet should be positioned so that the user’s face is facing north or east, respectively. If the building faces west or north, the user’s face should be facing south or west, respectively.
Side to avoid
If you live in a house with an East or West facing main entrance, then the toilet in your bathroom should be placed so that the seat is facing East or West, respectively. This is the direction in which energy enters and leaves your home. While avoid placing the toilet seat on the other two sides.
If you have a North-South facing main entrance, the toilet should be placed so that the seat faces North or South. This is because this direction is considered to be auspicious.
Direction affecting female health
Regarding toilet seat direction, it is essential to pay attention to Vastu. A wrong direction can have adverse effects on female health. Here are some tips on what the correct toilet seat direction as per Vastu is:
- For females, the correct toilet seat direction should be towards the east. This is because the east is considered a positive direction and will help improve female health.
- The opposite is also true – if you are a female and use the western toilet, it is advised that you place your toilet seat in the opposite direction, as per Vastu. This will help protect your health and increase your fertility.
When it comes to deciding the correct toilet seat direction, according to Vastu, many people often wonder whether it is better to have the window facing east or west.
There are a few reasons why this might be the case.
- Firstly, having the window facing east ensures that all of your activities in the morning and during the day will be blessed by the sun’s rays. This is particularly beneficial if you are a person who works in an office or uses computers all day long.
- Secondly, having the window facing west ensures you get plenty of natural light during your evening bathtime. This will help you relax and rejuvenate yourself after a hectic day.
If you want to maximize your chances of achieving good health and well-being, then it is crucial to follow the principles of Vastu. By taking into account the direction of your toilet seat, you can ensure that you live by the laws of nature.
For Vastu, raise the toilet seat.
Toilet seats can significantly impact the health of your home and its occupants. By understanding the correct seat direction as per Vastu, you can ensure that your bathroom is in perfect alignment.
The following are six different toilet seat directions per Vastu: Downward-facing, Forward-facing, East-facing, West-facing, North-facing, and South-facing.
It is important to consider both the height and placement of your toilet when choosing the correct seat direction.
- For taller people or those with large frames, it may be advantageous to choose a downward-facing seat.
- A forward-facing seat may be better for smaller people or those with less bulky frames.
- It is also essential to consider your bathroom’s layout when choosing a toilet seat direction. For example, if your bathroom has an East-West axis, it may be advantageous to choose a West-facing seat.
- As per Vastu, it is advisable to use the east or northeast direction when going to the toilet. These directions are associated with strength, power, and success. The southwest or west side is considered a negative direction and should be avoided when using the bathroom.
The Vastu Shastra is an ancient Indian science that deals with architecture and design principles. It is also responsible for determining the right direction for draining waste.
Vastu’s basic premise is that all house objects have specific energy or vibration. This energy can be positive or negative, depending on how it is used.
Understanding their direction is essential for keeping your home balanced when it comes to toilets. If you are using the toilet on the west side of your house, for example, it is important to drain the waste in the opposite direction – towards the east side of your home!
This is because drains flow towards the east and southeast sections of a building according to Vastu rules. So if you are doing your business in the wrong direction, you will be damaging your plumbing and may also be affecting your health!
The primary purpose of the toilet seat is to prevent waste from accumulating in your bathroom. If the toilet seat is incorrectly positioned, it can cause drainage problems and flooding. Additionally, incorrect positioning of the toilet can also affect your energy levels and health overall.
To determine the correct toilet seat direction per Vastu, you must first consider your bathroom’s layout. Next, you need to determine where your bathroom door is located. Finally, you need to consider your bathroom’s orientation – north-south or east-west.
Never the home’s centre
Inhaling foul air while sitting on the toilet can harm your health. To avoid this, always position the toilet seat so that it faces away from your north, east, south, and west cardinal points. A toilet seat positioned in a direction not aligned with your home’s natural energy can cause you to suffer from health problems.
Consider this rule
There are numerous theories about toilet seat direction, as per Vastu. People follow different directions for their own good according to their belief systems.
Here is a list of some of the best directions according to Vastu:
1. East- Southeast: This direction is considered auspicious, and it is believed that this way will help keep you away from diseases and negative energy.
2. West-Southwest: This direction is considered beneficial for the kidneys, and it is believed that this way will help you avoid urinary tract infections.
3. North- Northeast: This direction is considered suitable for the stomach and intestines and is believed to help prevent stomachaches and other digestive problems.
4. South- Southwest: This direction is considered beneficial for the spine and neck and is believed to help improve circulation.
5. North- Northeast: This direction is considered suitable for the stomach and intestines and is believed to help prevent stomachaches and other digestive problems.
6. East- Southeast: This direction is considered auspicious, and it is believed that this way will help keep you away from diseases and negative energy.
Bathroom Vastu Rules
When choosing the right toilet seat direction, there are a few critical Vastu rules that you should follow. One of the most important aspects of toilet hygiene is the direction in which the toilet seat is placed.
- The first rule is to avoid placing a toilet in a north-south direction. This is because the north represents cold and the south represents heat. Placing a toilet in this direction will lead to bad energy in your bathroom.
- You should also avoid placing a toilet in an east-west direction. East represents decay, and west represents new beginnings. Placing a toilet in this direction will lead to negative energy in your bathroom.
- Instead, you should place your toilet in an east-west direction, as this balances out the energy in your bathroom.
- The correct toilet seat direction is determined by your natal chart and depends on your place of birth. For example, if you were born in an east-facing house, the correct direction for your toilet seat is towards the east. This is because the east is associated with strength and power. It’s also considered auspicious because it corresponds with sunrise, the beginning of the day.
- If you were born in a west-facing house, however, the opposite would be true – your toilet seat should be facing towards the west. This is because the west is associated with chaos and destruction. It’s not considered auspicious because it corresponds with sunset, the end of the day.
- If you were born anywhere else, your toilet seat should be placed according to traditional East-West directions as per Vastu. Additionally, ensure that you clean behind and around your toilet regularly to keep it clean and tidy – especially if you live in an east or south-facing house!
Bathroom Colours that are Vastu Compliant
Consider the colour of the toilet seat. Some people believe that different colours represent different energies. For example, blue represents water, green represents earth, and yellow represents fire. So, it may be a good idea to choose a colour that corresponds with one of these energies.
When choosing the correct toilet seat direction, as per Vastu, there is no one-size-fits-all answer. Every person’s body and bathroom layout is unique. However, by using these tips, you can ensure that your toilet seat will be in the right direction, according to Vastu.