The government launched the Udyog Aadhar back in September 2015. This was done to offer a unique identification to each of the businesses no matter at what level they are operating. No matter whether it is a micro-operated business or a small scale or even a mid-sized firm, the firms had been given a Udyog Aadhar. This number is issued by the ministry of micro, small, and medium enterprises.
Later, this scheme was rechristened and named Udyam. All the MSMEs, no matter whether they were running since old times or the new ones now needed to complete the Udyam registration on the government portal to secure their unique number.
Here we will be sharing all the details about this Udyam registration. You will be able to get a clear picture of what it is and thereby follow the specifics well. It is important to be aware of these details so that you can execute the steps in the right way.
The Things To Know
Here are the key things you need to know as far as Udyam Udyog registration is concerned.
- The Udyam is a 19-digit registration number which gets allotted to every enterprise post registration. You will not have to renew this number ever
- Any entity that has been registered under this process is called Udyam and the number is called the Udyam registration number
- Once you complete the registration process, a certificate gets issued online
- The certificate comes with a QR code. The entire details of the enterprise can be fetched from this certificate itself
- The whole process to carry out Udyam registration has to be done online. It has been so designed to ensure it is paperless and can be done based on self-declaration.
- No charges are incurred in this process and there is no hidden fee whatsoever. It is completely free of cost
- Only the Aadhar number is needed as a means to authenticate the business. You will not need any other document at all
- If you have a sole proprietorship form, the Aadhar number of the proprietor has to be shared. If you have a partnership firm, the Aadhar number of the managing partner has to be shared. If you have a Hindu undivided family, then the Aadhar of the Karta has to be given
- All the investment and turnover details that are linked with the PAN and the GST will be automatically shared with the government database
- Enterprises have the option to fill in only one Udyam registration. You can add several services to it but only one registration can be done
So, these are some of the details you need to be mindful of. Now that we have shared the facts, let us show you the key steps to have the number registered.
Benefits Of Udyam Udyog
Here are some of the benefits that the Udyam Udyog Aadhar has to offer.
- It helps in offering subsidies under barcode registration
- It allows reimbursement of payment that was made towards obtaining an ISO certificate
- It helps in getting collateral-free loans from banks
- It allows waiver of stamp duty and registration fees
- It offers a 15% subsidy for technology upgradation
- It also offers subsidies on NSIC performance and credit ratings
- It can get exclusive consideration for participation in international trade fairs
- It can help you get exceptions under direct tax laws
- So, there are a lot of benefits that you can easily avail yourself of. It is important to know the right steps to follow and thereby get this number as it has several benefits to offer.
So, we will be outlining the details that are very simple and easy and you can follow them to get your enterprise registered in no time.
How To Register A New Company?
- Head to the Udyam registration portal
- Click on the option that reads for a new entrepreneur
- You will land on a new page. It will ask you for the Aadhar number. Enter the right number followed by the name of the entrepreneur
- Now validate your Aadhar by entering the OTP that you will receive on the tied-up mobile number
- The certificate will then be generated in some time
How To Register An Existing Enterprise?
All these enterprises that registered under Udyog Aadhar need to register again under the Udyam registration portal. Any enterprise that chose to register with any other organization will need to register again under Udyam Udyog mandatorily.
Here are the steps you need to follow.
- Head to the Udyam registration portal
- Click on the option that reads for those already having registered as UAM
- Enter your Udyog Aadhar number and then validate it
- You will be asked to fill in some details
- Upon filling it out, your certificate will be generated in some time
How To Print The Udyam Udyog Aadhar Certificate?
- Head to the Udyam portal and click on the option that reads ‘Click on Print/Verify
- In the dropdown, choose the option that lists the Print Udyam certificate
- Now enter your Udyam registration number and the mobile number
- When you have been duly validated, you will be redirected to a new page. It will have the print command. Click it
- The certificate will then be printed if you have a printer attached to the system.
Is Udyam udyog compulsory for businesses?
Yes, all enterprises no matter big or small need to have their Udyam registration number
Is the Udyam number unique?
Yes, the Udyam number is unique and you don’t need to register it again.