If you have an attached bathroom and toilet, chances are you’re using them harmoniously with your Vastu Plan.
One of the most important factors to consider when designing a bathroom is Vastu. Vastu is an ancient Indian concept that deals with energy flow in and around a building. It can help optimise a bathroom’s layout and design, ensuring that it is both functional and aesthetically pleasing.
This also means that the bathroom should be positioned so that it faces east or west, depending on which direction the main living area in the house faces.
Another essential factor to consider when designing a bathroom is its size. Most people prefer smaller baths and toilets to larger ones. This is because larger bathrooms take up more space and can conflict with other areas of the home.
Attached Bathroom and Toilet – Essential Vastu Tips
This article will teach you 10 tips to make the most of your attached bathroom and toilet. From improving your hygiene to enhancing your home’s Feng Shui, read on for our tips!
The Bathroom Door
When it comes to the bathroom, everything is related to the “Vastu Shashtra”. The bathroom door plays a critical role in maintaining energy flow in and out of the room. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your bathroom functions optimally with regards to Vastu:
1. Keep the bathroom door closed while you are taking a bath or shower. This will help to keep the room clean and free from negative energy.
2. Place towels on either side of the door so that it is slightly ajar when you enter and leave the bathroom. This will help to avoid backflow of negative energy into the rest of your home.
3. Keep any decorative items out of sight near or on top of the bathroom door – these can attract negative energy and make it difficult for you to relax in your bathroom.
4. Make sure that there is no noise outside your bathroom – this can disturb the vibrations of positive energy and cause problems with your health and well-being.
The ideal direction as per Vastu for the attached bathroom and toilet is east-west. This is because eastward movement brings in positive energies, and westward movement brings in negative energies. So, the attached bathroom and toilet should be situated in an eastern direction for maximum convenience.
The attached bathroom and toilet size should also be proportional to the size and stature of the individuals using it. If the bathroom or toilet is too small, people will feel cramped during their visits. Conversely, if the bathroom or toilet is too large, it will cause inconvenience to members of the household. The ideal size for an attached bathroom or toilet is about 180 sq ft.
The placement of the attached bathroom and toilet should also take into account other features in the house such as windows, doorways, corners, walls etc. If these features are aligned with cardinal directions (north-south, east-west), then they can be used as reference points while positioning the attached bathroom and toilet.
Higher than the Ground
A bathroom or toilet is considered one of the most important places in your home. It is where you take a bath or use the toilet. And because it is such an important place, it is important to consider the Vastu aspects when designing or remodelling your bathroom.
When designing your bathroom, keep in mind the following tips:
1. Place the toilet higher than the floor. This will help to improve your health and keep you away from negative energy.
2. Place the bathtub near the windows or doors so that you can enjoy natural light while taking a bath.
3. Make sure there are no obstacles between the toilet and bathtub. This will help to keep the area clean and free from dirt and dust particles.
Flush Toilet position
A flush toilet is one of the most essential fixtures in any home. It ensures cleanliness and proper sanitation while also helping to keep the home’s layout stable.
The placement of a flush toilet is vital according to Vastu principles. The following tips will help you to place your flush toilet in the most auspicious location possible.
Finally, it is always important to keep your flush toilets clean and free of obstructions. If necessary, use a plunger or a brush to clear any build-up from inside the tank and around the waste pipe.
The water closet is primarily used for washing our hands and using the toilet. It is also used as a storage area for personal items like toothbrushes and towels.
In terms of location, the water closet should be placed close to but not right on top of the main entranceway. The bathroom door should be on the opposite side of the room from where the water closet is located. This way, people entering and leaving will not have to walk past the water closet.
The water closet size should also be considered when designing your home. Make sure that it has enough space to fit all your needs without taking up too much space in your home.
Placing the Washing Machine
When it comes to choosing the ideal place for your washing machine, you need to take into account the vastu of your bathroom. The following tips will help you determine where to place your machine concerning other objects in the bathroom.
1. Avoid placing your washing machine in front of or next to a water heater, as this can cause drainage problems.
2. Place your washing machine at least 6 feet away from any bathtub or shower, as these areas are considered sacred in Hinduism.
3. Make sure that there is plenty of space between your washing machine and any cabinets or countertops, as this will help to avoid vibrations and noise.
4. Avoid positioning your washing machine near the door or window, as these areas may be susceptible to wind and rain damage.
A bathroom mirror should be placed in a place that is under the Vastu Shastra. Ideally, the bathroom mirror should be placed in the northwestern corner of the room.
The bathroom mirror should be at least 36 inches from the floor and at least 18 inches from any other object in the room. The mirror should also face east if possible.
If you have a separate toilet for men and women, make sure that the toilet is placed in a place that is following Vastu. Ideally, the toilet should be placed in the southeastern corner of the room.
When it comes to designing a bathroom and toilet, colour is one of the most important aspects to take into account. Many different colours can be used for attached bathrooms and toilets, but here are nine of the best colours for Vastu.
Blue is a great colour for Vastu because it is calming and soothing. It is also considered a symbol of peace and tranquillity. This makes blue a perfect colour choice for bathrooms and toilets that are intended for use by the entire family.
Green is another colour that is ideal for bathrooms and toilets that are intended for use by the entire family. Green is associated with fertility, growth, and life energy, so it makes sense that it would be a popular choice for Vastu purposes.
Brown is a versatile colour that can be used in many ways in Vastu design. Brown is associated with earthiness and grounding, which can help create a calming atmosphere in a bathroom or toilet.
White is often considered to be the most neutral colour possible, which makes it a great choice for bathrooms and toilets that are intended for use by multiple people.
Exhaust Fan Placement
An exhaust fan helps to remove stale air and moisture from the room, which can improve the overall health and well-being of those who use the bathroom or toilet. It also keeps the room clean and free from bacteria and other harmful materials.
Here are some useful tips on Vastu for the attached bathroom:
- Firstly, make sure that the bathroom is located close to the bed so that you can access it easily. This will help you stay refreshed and relaxed during the night.
- Try to choose a layout that allows you to move around while taking a bath or shower. This will help you avoid getting tired and cramped up while bathing.
- Make sure that there is plenty of storage space in the bathroom, including an adequate number of shelves and drawers for toiletries. This will help you keep your belongings organized and easily accessible.
How to Remove Negative Energy from Bathroom & Toilet
One of the first steps you can take to improve the energy in your home is to remove any negative energy from the attached bathroom and toilet. Negative energy can harm your health and well-being, so removing it as soon as possible is essential.
- Start clearing out all the clutter to remove negative energy from the attached bathroom. This includes anything blocking energy flow into and out of the bathroom. Clear away all the excess furniture, rugs, and decorations.
- Next, clean the bathroom surface with a strong disinfectant. Make sure to wipe down all the surfaces, including the walls, floors, and fixtures. Sprinkle rice over the entire area and let it sit for a few hours. This will absorb any negative energy and protect the area from future damage.
The attached bathroom and toilet are very important in Vastu Shastra. This is because they are used to relieve oneself in privacy. A well-designed attached bathroom and toilet will be by the principles of Vastu Shastra.
1. Where should a Vastu-compliant bathroom and toilet be built?
Building a bathroom, according to Vastu is essential for a healthy and prosperous home. You need to consider many factors when designing your space, including the bathroom’s location, the bathroom’s layout, and the bathroom’s size and shape.
According to Vastu, the best place to build a bathroom is in the southwest corner of your home. This is because this area is considered to be strong and auspicious. The southeast corner of your home is also a good choice, but it may be less auspicious.
You should layout your bathroom with a separate bathtub and toilet area. This will help to keep your bathroom clean and organized. You should also ensure that your bathroom’s dimensions are appropriate for your needs. For attached bathrooms, ensure that the toilet’s width is at least twice the width of the bathtub.
3. Which corner is optimum for a bathroom and toilet, according to Vastu?
It is generally advised to place a bathroom on the east or southeast corner of the house. This is because these corners are considered auspicious and conducive to good health and prosperity in the home.
When it comes to attached bathrooms, it is generally advised to place them near the north or northwest corner of the house. This is because these corners are thought to be blessed with good fortune, wealth, and prosperity.