NMMC | View Bill Details | Bill Payment | Bill History | Duplicate Bill | Lost Customer ID | Register Complaint | Customer Care Number | Charges | Conclusion
It’s no new news that consumable water is scant. Most of it is impure and contaminated. It is the responsibility of the Jal Board to make it consumable again. For this, they process water through procedures like sedimentation, filtration, and purification at multiple levels to eliminate all those impurities.
These operations require a lot of human involvement. The constant flow of drinking or bathing water we get in our homes involves many hours of dedicated effort and incurs many costs. Hence you need to ensure a regular water bill payment so the process can work unhampered.
But what is the process of water bill payment if you are staying in Navi Mumbai? The water bill collection authority in Navi Mumbai is NMMC. Let’s see the water bill payment of Navi Mumbai with NMMC online.
Also, read about Mumbai Property Tax Payment!
The Government Body Behind The Uninterrupted Water Flow
Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation, often abbreviated as NMMC, is one of the most efficient in the nation.
But not just water supply. There are multiple other functions that NMMC is involved with. From town planning, taking care of public amenities like street lighting, bus stop, public convenience, etc., to planning for economic and social development, all fall under the services of NMMC.
Since you pay your water bills to the NMMC, you might be curious to know the office’s location. The headquarters of this government organization is located at the Kila Junction, in CBD Belapur.
A surprising fact about NMMC is that their office has the tallest National Flag at an elevation of 225 feet. Almost 100 electoral wards are under the jurisdiction of Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation.
If you stay in one of these jurisdictions, your monthly water bill payment is made to the NMMC. There are various methods of paying the bill.
However, the overall payment by the MCG customers is made possible with the help of the NMMC Water Bill BPPS system. Using this system, you can either make the water bill payment online or through your nearest agent service centre.
How To View Water Bill Payment Of Navi Mumbai With NMMC Online?
Before you make a payment, it is necessary to determine your water bill amount for the month. In this section, every step has been explained elaborately to make that process more straightforward.
- For the first step, you need to visit the official site of NMMC.
- After you open the website, visit the water services page to proceed with the water bill payment process. You can find that under the Department header. Or you can search “NMMC water bill” directly to the bill payment table.
- Here you will be asked to type your consumer number. This is a 9-digit code that you should enter very carefully.
- Once you enter your consumer ID, the system will display all your details. These include the name of the consumer, address of the connection, bill amount, due date, meter number, etc.
- There will be an option called “View Current Bill.” Once you click on that, a detailed copy of your latest water bill will be displayed.
- You can download the bill and save it in PDF format for future reference.
How To Make Water Bill Payment Of Navi Mumbai With NMMC Online?
Once you get the copy of your water bill and it is ready to pay, you can use the same process.
- Search for the Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation website.
- Open the official link and go to the water bill payment page.
- Once you open the page, you will see a space asking for the Consumer number.
- One thing you should remember about the consumer number is that you cannot use any special characters. If your consumer ID is an old one, then you may have it, like 0101/9898. So, when filling in, replace the “/” with a “0” and enter 010109898.
- If you have forgotten the consumer number, you can find it by entering the consumer’s name and the ward number.
- Once you enter the credentials, the website will display all your details on the screen.
- Check and verify them carefully, then click on “Pay Online.”
- Here you will have multiple ways to process your payment. You can make the payment using cards (both credit and debit), net banking, and even scanning the QR code.
- Do not refresh the payment page while the transaction is processing.
- Once done, download the receipt as proof of confirmation.
How To Check the Water Bill History On The NMMC Website?
Once the payment is processed, you might want to check the payment history after a few days. You can do that through the Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation website itself. Just follow the steps to view the payment history.
- Just like the two methods mentioned above, visit the official website of NMMC and then open the page for water bill payment.
- Enter your nine-digit Consumer ID in the new format as shown.
- After entering the ID, click on “Show.” After that, you’ll be able to view all the details of your latest payment.
- If you wish to view even earlier transactions, click on the “View Ledger” option.
- All the payments you made within a recent time frame will be displayed on your screen.
How To Generate A Duplicate Copy Of The Water Bill In The Online mode?
Sometimes when a change in the user name is made or a connection change is done, there may be a requirement for a duplicate bill. So if you wish, you can also generate a duplicate copy of your water bill by following these steps:
- Visit the official website of Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation.
- Open the water bill online payment page. Even though you want to generate a duplicate copy of your water bill, the first few steps remain the same.
- Enter the unique Consumer number and click on the “Show” button.
- If there is any outstanding amount, it will be displayed on the first screen. When you want to download the duplicate copy of the bill, click on the “View Current Bill” button.
- A detailed water bill is displayed on the screen when you click on the above button.
- You can click on the print or download option to download the duplicate bill in the pdf format in your system.
How to Search for the Consumer ID If Lost?
You should always be very careful with your login credentials. Be it for your bank account or paying your water bill, login credentials are incredibly crucial. But sometimes, for various reasons, some people forget or misplace their Consumer ID for water bill payments.
You will not be able to log in to the account and process your payment without the ID. So what is the solution?
Follow the steps given below, and you will be able to get your credentials back.
- After opening the Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation website, visit the Navi Mumbai Water Search page. This is a separate page. Please do not confuse it with the “Water Bill online payment page” mentioned above.
- After the page opens, you will be asked to fill in a few details. You must select your ward, Sector, and plot and enter the owner’s name. Here the term owner means the consumer in whose name the water connection was taken.
- After putting in the necessary details, click the “Search” button.
- If you have an active water connection and have entered the details correctly, all your details will be displayed along with the Consumer ID.
- Note down the Consumer ID in a safe place for future reference.
How To File A Complaint In NMMC?
Although the Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation is one of the nation’s most efficient corporations, they sometimes fail to perform efficiently. In that scenario, you can file a complaint against them, and they shall resolve it at the earliest.
To submit your grievance, follow the following steps:
- Create an account if you are filing a complaint for the first time. If you have already complained once, then use the login credentials of your previous account to register the new complaint.
- Open the grievance page and write down all your problems after filing in the necessary details.
You can also submit your grievance by using the NMMC e-connect app. However, there are other methods as well.
You can make a call via WhatsApp on their toll-free number 1800222310 or 1800222309. You can also send a message on any of these two numbers, which would serve the same purpose.
Specific Customer Care Numbers For Different Areas Under NMMC Jurisdiction
Every area under the Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation jurisdiction has a customer care number. You can call them using your area’s number or directly ring them on their central helpline.
|Region||Customer Care Number|
|Central Complaint Number||1800222310, 1800222309|
What are the charges for water consumption?
The water charges follow a particular slab pattern to calculate the total consumption. The following table shows the amount charged:
|Water Usage||The Charges|
|1000 litres of consumption||Rs 4.5|
|20,000 litres of consumption||Rs 6|
|20,000 litres to 27,000 litres of consumption||Rs 8|
|27,000 to 36,000 liters of consumption||Rs 10|
The Bottom Line
NMMC strives to provide all the citizens under its jurisdiction with flawless services. Its water bill payment method is also updated and is quite user-friendly.
This article sums up almost all the questions that you might have regarding the water bill payment of Navi Mumbai through NMMC. We hope you will no longer face any difficulties in paying your water bill online.